- Report Back from 2018 Annual Conference – Delegates Mark White & Mick Johnston. Plenty of time to ask questions and discuss.
- Report Back from Women’s Conference. – Mick Johnston. Questions and discussion.
- Nominations to National Constitutional Committee. Under a new rule, constituencies now directly elect six members to the NCC. It deals with disciplinary issues such as complaints of racism and sexual harassment. It is proposed we nominate the Centre Left Grassroots Alliance slate. (Attached)
- Parliamentary Candidate Selection update – Mick Johnston
- Affiliation to Labour Coast and Country.
- Motion to NEC re National Campaign against fracking.
“This Constituency General Meeting notes with dismay the lack of urgency in response from both the National Policy Forum and the NEC to the overwhelming vote at Conference for reference back of the NPF Annual Report Climate Change section (Page 51). The basis for the reference back was the failure of the NPF to respond in its report to calls from constituencies for a national campaign against fracking and the request made twice in the course of the debate for a meeting of fracking front line constituencies to be urgently convened. We applaud the Party’s Green Energy Policies but until we get the Labour Government that will implement them the front line in the battle against climate change is at the fracking sites now in development across the North. Everyone knows fracking started at Preston New Road on 15th October 2018 but it is largely unnoticed that numerous sites now in varying stages of development are following. The CLPs faced with these sites have no choice but to play their part in campaigning against them but want the strength of being part of a national Labour campaign. We also want to be proud of our Party leading the campaign at national level in a co-ordinated and high-profile way. We are therefore formally repeating the request we made at Conference for the NEC to urgently convene a meeting of fracking frontline CLPs to establish the basis for a national campaign against fracking.”
The Meeting is 11.00am to 1.00pm Saturday 20th October at The Friends Meeting House, 19 Castlegate, Pickering, YO18 7AX
Link to The Bulletin Library